Monday, July 20, 2009

Uncle Rodney's Farm & Updates

We went down to Rodney's farm, or Uncle Rodney as Kaylee calls him, yesterday. When it was just Marcus and myself we would go down there nearly every weekend in the summer. But now we hardly ever go. In fact this is only Kaylee 3rd time to go. We got a really late start, as usual. But once we made it down there we were busy doing everything one does on the farm.
Check on the chickens in the chicken barn (not my favorite thing to do)
Wash our hands
Ride the mule (not the animal)
Check on the pregnant cow and others in the pasture
Wash our hands
Jump on the trampoline
Wash our hands
Go pick tomatoes for dinner
Wash our hands
Take the mule to check on the 2 gardens
Pitch the baseball to 2 5-year olds
Swing on the swing set
Wash our hands
Watch Angie make fresh salsa with all ingredients coming straight from their garden
Eat a fabulous meal
Too bad we didn't have time to stay and swim, we had to get the girls home for bed

We had a great time as always, but decided next time we have to get down there earlier to enjoy more of the day. I used to be more of a country girl but this trip proved that I have developed into a complete sissy when it comes to all things farm related.


Updates on other things.....
Ainslee is trying to crawl! YES I said crawl. She scoots around pulling with her hands and pushing with her toes, like a modified version of the army crawl. She even makes it up onto her knees so that she can sorta flop herself forward. I bet she is not too far from really crawling on all fours. Soon enough she will be chasing big sister around, then I think Kaylee will begin to develop a new opinion of her little sister. Time will tell.
(This is a very short video which barely shows what she is capable of, but honestly she is rolling and scooting all over the carpet in the living room and in her crib.)

I have started feeding Ainslee solids. So far she has tried rice (she didn't like it so much), avocado, broccoli, and banana. I am only giving her food once a day at this point. She seems to like the avocado and banana, I cant decide which foods I'm going to try next. It is weird to me feeding her mashed up food, because Kaylee never ate mashed baby food, she went straight to table food.

Ainslee is definitely going to be a blanket baby. She has been obsessed with anything fabric for the past 2 months or so. She will grab burp clothes, blankets, her clothes, basically anything she can get her hands on. She rubs her face with them, chews on them, and holds them while she sucks her thumb. I am in the process of trying to find some fabric to make her a couple of small blankets that are more portable than her big ones. That way we can make sure to have them for naps at grandma's house and in the car. I'll let you know what I come up with in that department.

Ainslee seems to think her new bedtime is 9 pm or later. Our little night owl better not think that she can get away with a late bedtime every night, I am hoping this is just a phase!

Kaylee is thoroughly enjoying all the veggies from Abba's garden. Her favorites are the cherry tomatoes, raw green beans, and raw zucchini. Also Abba has also made his first trip of the season to the blueberry farm, so she is working on her first gallon of fresh blueberries. Now whenever Kaylee is bored (or hungry) she says "Kaylee goin' to Abba's house. I go get some matos. I'll be right back." She grabs her purse and heads for the door.

hope everyone had a fantastic weekend and enjoyed the wonderful weather

No comments: