Friday, July 10, 2009

Cookies with Kaylee

Kaylee has a birthday party tomorrow, her little friend Riley is turning 2. And like all parties we go to I come prepared with our GF food, just in case. I figured I would bring some GF cookies for Kaylee because I wont let her eat the cake. Aunt Ceire told us about the new GF Betty Crocker baking mixes, so I thought I would give them a try.
Kaylee helped from the beginning to end. She opened the box, helped pour the ingredients, stirred them all up (with help of course), and, well I guess I did the rest
She asked if she could SMELL them, so I gave her permission. She decided to take her "smelling" a little further and lick the cookie dough. She couldn't help herself she was SO excited to try them
Kaylee watching as the cookies bake. Does the saying "a watched pot never boils" apply to this situation? A watched cookie never bakes? She waited SO patiently
"MOMMY the timer is beeping!!! THEY ARE READY!!!"
The finished product. i know they dont look to appealing to the non-GF people out there, but let me just tell you that they are DELICIOUS!!! The second and third batches looked much better.
I snapped this one as she tried her first one. I wasnt able to capture the dance that she did while eating the cookie. They definitely got her seal of approval.

1 comment:

inkBLOTdesignsSTUDIO said...

they dont look bad...and they definetly tasted good! gotta love BC!


ceire