Tuesday, September 2, 2008

He's ALIVE!!!

Today was one of the most momentous days I have had for the past couple of weeks. I experienced what I have been waiting on for the past 82 days. I felt the baby kick for the first time! At nearly 16 weeks (I was 17 1/2 weeks when I felt Kaylee for the first time), when I was vacuuming this morning the baby was going crazy! He was kicking just the way I remember Kaylee kicking! "God, Please dont let this one be another WILD CHILD." I love Kaylee to no end but it is really hard to imagine 2 children with her energy. I know what my mom would say if she heard me saying that, "you better just prepare yourself," I swear she has cursed me to experience what it was like to be in her shoes raising an "active" child like myself. Feeling your baby kick inside you is probably one of the most "looked forward to" moments of any pregnancy. It is like such a new world when you can actually feel the baby kick, it is so much different from seeing the ultrasounds, it is so AWESOME! I am now looking forward to being able to "play" with the baby. Marcus and I used to push and poke my belly when Kaylee was inside and she would kick/ push back. She would roll around and get all excited when it was 'play time'. The next thing I am looking forward to is our next ultrasound, which unfortunately I have to wait another 4 1/2 weeks for.


By the way.....if you noticed that I wrote "he" in this post it is because that is what is easiest for me to say, I mean "he" comes out so much easier for some reason. NO, I do not know the sex of our baby, and we are NOT finding out again, so if you catch me saying "he" it is just what comes out. To be perfectly honest I truly think that this baby is another girl, but i still say "he" for some reason. I dont know why i think "he" is a girl, I guess just mother's intuition. And i think i am finally at peace with the idea of having another girl (at least we have all supplies necessary for a girl). Dont get me wrong, I want a boy REALLY bad! So i hope that my intuition is wrong this time.

No comments: