Monday, September 8, 2008

Farmers Market Saturday

I should have posted this last Saturday, September 6th

Memphis has a really cute Farmers Market every Saturday downtown. This was only the 2nd chance we have made it down there, but it is a lot of fun. It is a REALLY long way to drive for us though. This weekend they had a huge easel in the shape of a dog for the kids to color pictures. There was also face painting, live music, and lots of fresh veggies, fruits, and flowers. This would definitely be where we would spend our Saturday mornings if we lived closer to the city! If you want to check it out for yourself you better hurry up, I think there are only 4 weeks left this year. But then the fun starts up again in April.

Kaylee and I woke up REALLY early Saturday morning, by early I mean I was out of bed at 6:30 and I woke Kaylee up at 7:15. We ate breakfast, got dressed, and hit the road. Since we were up so early and Fall seems to be getting closer and closer I felt that I needed to put Kaylee in jeans at least while we were at the market. And that is my entire reason for this post.......After I got her dressed she looked completely different! She looked like such a big girl in her little jeans and t-shirt. Marcus and I were dying to get a few pictures of her before we left. Kaylee has not been very cooperative for pictures lately so we have learned to 'take what we can get' when it comes to pictures of her.


Once we got to the Farmers Market we ended up staying and walking around for about 2 hours. Then we were off to grandma and grandpas for a much needed nap.

We are going to try out the Arlington Farmers Market this Friday, it is a closer. We are going to go to the park while we are in Arlington too. I will let you know how it goes, hopefully I will remember to take my camera with us.
P.S. I can't wait for Fall, it is my FAVORITE season! I am busy planning lots of activities and outings for this wonderful season. I am ready for a break from this heat, and cant wait to enjoy all the wonderful things that Fall has to offer!

No comments: