Thursday, April 24, 2008

Diaper Test

I was so eager to try out my new diaper, i mean Kaylee's new diaper that i made for her......whatever, you know what i mean.
I put it on her and it fit pretty well. It is definitely not the fit that i had envisioned, but it fit. You know how i have told you before that i am sort kinda potty training her (more like saving diapers). Well she told me she had to go so off went the diaper and on the potty she went. After she did her business i put the cloth diaper back on her. About 10 minutes later she told me she had to go, but it was soon apparent that she was telling me she already went in her diaper. She cues the same way when she has to go or when she is telling me she just went, for this reason alone i wish that she was already talking! It was kinda a good thing that she went in the diaper cause i got to see how it would hold up. The layer of the diaper that touches the skin is made out of bamboo fabric. And i was very pleased to see that the bamboo wicked the moisture right away from her skin. Her little bottom was almost dry, and i could see the moisture creeping through the fabric (for lack of a better description). I was happy that all of the liquid was contained inside the diaper and none was on her clothes (or anywhere else for that matter). I washed the diaper that night, afterall it is the ONLY one she has. I dried it in the dryer on high for about 45 minutes, it was still not dry so i hung it up in the laundry room over night. When i woke up the next morning it was still wet! I hung it out in the sun and it dried really quickly. Then i put it on her for another "test run." She was really doing good telling me when she had to go to the bathroom so i hardly remembered it was on her. Then it was naptime! I totally forgot that it was on her and i didnt put the insert in that i had made. Needless to say she soaked through the diaper at naptime. There will definitely need to be some adjustments made if she is ever going to wear them to bed.
i have been working on my next 4 diapers since completing that one and i have officially stopped because there is something worng with my sewing machine. I have to bring it in tomorrow to have someone look at it for me. Hopefully it will be a quick fix, and not too expensive either. I am eager to get back to completing more diapers.

No comments: