Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Prototype

Some of you already know tht I have begun venturing into the world of cloth diapers. And man has cloth diapering changed! Yes, I want to try them for the rest of Kaylee's diaper days and for subsequent children (NO! I'm not pregnant!). So after looking at the price of purchasing cloth diapers, I decided to try my hand at making them myself. Keep in mind I have never sewn anything.....NOTHING!

For the past few months I have been gathering my supplies, pattern ideas, and info/ tips about sewing cloth diapers. I got my first sewing machine at a friend's 2nd hand store, I bought a few pieces of remenant fabric, cut up some old clothes laying around the house, and gathered some from my mom who was kind enough to donate some to my cause.

Finally after many many weeks I have completed my first one. I was pretty proud of myself! Marcus said "it looks better than I thought, not because you made it, but it looks more finished than something made at home." I didnt know if i should take that as a compliment or not. But either way i am so pleased with my creation.

It really did not take much to actually put the diaper together, but there are many things that i will be changing for future diapers. And I am sure I will figure out more ways to "adjust" them as I go. I will keep you updated on my diaper sewing.

I will tell you tomorrow about Kaylee's 1st experience with cloth.

here are some pictures, tell me what you think



1 comment:

Crista and Harry said...

Congrats on finishing the prototype! It looks very warm! Good winter diapers for Boston.