Thursday, May 1, 2008

I guess she just wanted an apple

Today Kaylee decided to suprise me with yet another example of her "getting bigger." I was in the other room when I heard the obviously guilty laugh that she has when she has done something she knows she shouldn't. I come in to the the kitchen and find her taking a bite out of an apple, and smiling a really big "i am so proud of myself" smile. I look up to find the bowl that i just put the newly bought apples in at the very edge of the counter. All i could do was smile. She had stepped on Tahoe's mat (which makes her just tall enough to reach the apples), and helped herself to one. Keep in mind we just ate lunch. I guess she is protesting the fact that i have not had fruit in the house for going on 3 days now. And she is a fruit-a-holic! She has been deprived of her beloved apples, oranges, watermelon, pineapple, kiwi, strawberries, grapes, mangos, and clementines (i think that is all her favorites) for the past couple of days and she was desperate to have a taste. So I watch as she struts around the house eating her apple, which is NOT usually allowed, thinking that she is all big and bad. She sat with Tahoe on his mat to eat, she climbed on the couch for a few bites (yes marcus i cleaned it after she got down), and she sat on the edge of the steps all while talking and babbling to herself as if to say "this apple is really good, why didnt i think of helping myself to one sooner." I will say that at least she ate the whole thing, well actually she demolished it. She even ate most of the core and seeds. I had to practically tackle her to get it away from her. So you think that she will grow apples inside her after eating the seeds?
Hahaha That is what my dad used to tell us as kids.

I had to make a slideshow of the pictures because there were just too many to add to the post, so see the pictures above

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

...and she is the apple of Oomba's eye! Like you said, "no longer a K-baby, she's a K-kid." There's one who knows what she wants and goes gets it: i'm so proud of her! Way to go K-kid!!! :) Love, mom/oomma