Monday, February 13, 2012

Kaylee's New Room - phase one

Kaylee was scheduled to move upstairs by now, but my plans have not quite gone as planned! The walls are just now getting painted, i wanted to that have completed before Brynlee was born. And as I am painting the walls I am noticing problems with the dry wall. My dad has already been over three times to repair various spots, and I think he still has to come back a third time to finish up........what in the HELL would I ever do without the help and support from my parents?

Here are a few shots of the project so far.....
I bought and hung the blackout curtains that will hang behind her fancy schmancy curtains my mom is in the process of making right now. Once again what would I do without my parents?


Here is a shot of the color Purple Ice



This is one reason why I am NOT a professional painter!


Here is the dry wall repair. My dad told me I needed to put down an oil based primer (I cant remember the reason why, something about moisture) and he had some left over from his last project so I just used that.


I still have to finish cutting in, then 2 coats with the roller. We are planning on purchasing her furniture with our tax return money and then she is moving up there. At first i was really nervous about moving her up there but now I CANT WAIT!!! The room she is currently in is right by the living room. She lays there each night and watches and listens to what we are doing. She trys not to fall asleep until we go to bed. She gets out of her bed just to see what we are doing. And it is so frustrating! When she goes upstairs I have grand plans of saying good night to her, sending her up, and then still being able to monitor her using the new fancy monitor I got; I can talk to her and watch her every move with it. I hope that her moving upstairs without distractions will help her sleep better at night. But somehow I think i am a bit crazy for having such high expectations......a girl can dream cant she?!?

No comments: