Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Comedy Central

Our day started by leaving the house based on a last minute decision on my part. I was trying to minimize the number of days spent going "into town". I hurried dressed, fed, pottyed (is that even a word?), packed up the girls and headed into town. When I got into the car I realized we might barely make it to a gas station. Thankfully we did, we pulled up to the pump on fumes! We then picked up my mom at her house and headed to get our shots first. We made it all the way to the door and realized they opened late that day so we were 2 1/2 hours early! I quickly changed our game plan and headed to the car while mom took Ainslee to the bathroom. I changed an "almost leaky diaper" (the almost part will become relevant later in the story) and we were on our way to eat lunch. We picked a place mom had coupons to and knew the girls would love, thankfully I had decided NOT to eat. as I sat in the booth attempting to nurse Brynlee she would pop off and my milk would continue to spray all over my shirt (also a key bit of info which will become relevant later). I finally resorted to holding her up on my shoulder, she was comfortable there and I could help with the big girls. Next thing I know I hear a sound coming from her backside. I lift up her dress to take a peak, thankfully I did because her excrements were bubbling out from the top of the diaper. In one quick moment mom suggested I stuff a napkin down to prevent the possible overflow. So I did and hurried out to the car to retrieve the changing supplies. I was surprised when I was able to salvage the outfit without a drop of poo on them. I attempted to nurse her again thinking that the reason why she kept popping off was because of her impending bowel movement. She refused again, I got cleaned up and removed the breastmilk stain from my shirt using a paper towel and a little water.

By this point we still had an hour to kill before the doctor opened and it was just about marcus' wake up time so I gave him a call to see if he cared if I took the girls to Paint a Piece without him. He told me to go ahead and go and that gave me something to do with the girls to kill time. I called mary to see if she wanted to go and she did........thankfully! All three girls were going to make their yearly tile, which I made a tradition about 3 years ago. Since their birthdays all fall semi close together I decided to combo the trip, you know 3 birds with 1 stone. Anyways, so as I'm taking brynlee out of her car seat to add her footprints to her tile I notice my arm is wet. Upon further investigation I learned that she had pooed AGAIN and this time it had successfully ruined the outfit as well as made its way to my arm. So out to the car I go.......again! I change her diaper and her clothes and return inside to mom who was thankfully holding down the fort inside with the big girls. Mary arrived to help and about 1 hour later we left having completed 3 beautiful tiles! Mom suggested I send AZ home with mary to nap while we went to get shots. So that's what we did. We went our way, they went the opposite way and about 4 minutes down the road kaylee said "oh no Ainslee forgot her Mana!" we had to call mary to turn around so we could meet and exchange the mana, because there is not a chance that Ainslee would sleep without it! Just then kaylee says "OH NO mommy I poked my straw through my cup!" she was drinking her bubble tea in a styrofoam cup and had poked a hole in the bottom so all the contents were spilling out all over her and all over her carseat. Yay! Fabulous! What else could possibly go wrong you might ask, well keep reading! So mary got that cleaned up and we were both on our way, again!





We get to the shot doctor and after getting our shots this nice lady was asking me about the girls so I chatted with her for about 5 minutes. Then I went to the bathroom and made a startling discovery, I had a HUGE milk stain on my shirt. All i could think of was I stood there and talked to that lady not even realizing that my boob was leaking. I attempted to "cover up" the problem. I wet down the stain (like I had done previously during lunch) and apparently became over zealous with the water which resulted in an extremely wet shirt. So then I tried drying said wet spot with the paper towels that were available to me which happened to be the brown kind. After I rubbed a few times I realized I was doing more harm than good, because now I have a huge wet spot with a brown stain. Since I had exhausted all other options I decided to just put a smile on my face and walk out with my arm awkwardly covering my boob. As I approach my mom she asks why I had my arm like that. I moved it to reveal my shirt and she laughed so hard she was nearly snorting! I explained the whole situation and we laughed together (at this point what else could we do?) oh then she asked "you don't pack a change of clothes for you in the diaper bag do you?" UM NO, but I sure am going to throw an extra shirt in the car now! I decided to take brynlee to an available room to nurse her and change her diaper. As I'm nursing you can only guess what happened..........she started pooing again! I hesitated to look but knew I had to see. And guess what? The diaper was about to fail again! It was just about to come out and ruin another outfit, I laid her down to change her and realized that I had used my last diaper in the bag. I knew I had more in the car (my backup stash) but I couldn't go get them. So thankfully my mom agreed to go get one. We technically had 8 more minutes to wait to get our arms checked but I looked at my mom and said "we're leaving!" I had had enough excitement and was ready to move on. We made our way back to her house and then to get our hair cut at a friends house and finally home without anymore problems. I got the big girls fed and in bed within 40 minutes of being home and I plopped down on the couch, took a deep breathe, and just had a minute to myself to process what had all happened. I'm telling you even as I type this I'm thinking there is no way I could even make this stuff up! That was really my day! I am so thankful my mom was with me to help out and laugh with me!

No comments: