Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The forgotten post

I was just about to get a post ready to list when I saw this draft that I started weeks ago (October 18th), and obviously forgot about. Im not sure why i never posted it, or what happened, but here it is.....

So last night (which was really like 2.5 weeks ago now) was a friends' "going away" party. Chris decided to leave FedEx to pursue his dream of selling sports memorabilia and he finally found the opportunity of a lifetime and the time was right (for him), so he decided to take it. Some of you might remember 2 years ago I sold some slides on Ebay for some extra money, well that was for Chris. Anyways, so his party was last night and we couldnt miss it. We didnt have a babysitter for the girls and we knew they were invited too (we just wanted a night out without them), so I decided to just bring them. I wasnt planning on staying as long as we did, but it just happened.

Kaylee was quite the little socialite at the party, a party in which they were the only children, and in a "non child friendly house." All you mommy's out there know what i mean. I felt like I was running around making sure she didnt break anything, hurt herself or someone else, or most importantly that she didnt eat ALL the food! HA!

When we first walked in the door there was food on the table, so you know what Kaylee wanted to do immediately......EAT!!! I made her a little plate, to avoid all the "touching of food." i cant stand it when parents let there children touch everything in the bowl and then not eat what they touch. (Katie remember all the things we witnessed in the teacher's lounge? YUCK! I nearly threw up in my mouth just thinking about those times. Ms. N with the popcorn in the huge tub! gross!) So as Kaylee devours everything I put in front of her the other people at the party watched in amazement. They couldnt believe that she was eating veggies, without bribery, and loving them. One mom said to me "you know what I have to go through to get my child to have 1 bite of their vegetables? You are so lucky!" I know I have a good eater on my hands, sometimes I wonder how we are going to be able to support her eating habits as she gets older, I mean this child can EAT and EAT and EAT!!! It's crazy!

When Kaylee was not amazing the others by her constant eating (I think they thought i never feed her or something), she was cracking them up with her "What name?" and "What doin?" She has never met a stranger in her life, and last night wasnt any different. She walked around liked she owned the place having conversations with everyone.

We finally were able to get out of there and put the girls down, only about 2 hours after their bedtime.

No comments: