Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The 4-1-1 on AZ

In case I havent told you yet, one of the MANY nicknames for Ainslee is "AZ." Kaylee is actually the one who came up with it, because in the beginning she could not pronounce her name correctly. And I guess it just stuck!

I thought I would take a few minutes out and get you up-to-date on what is going on with the happiest baby in the world!
  • First of all, I cant believe she is 9 1/2 months old! HOL-E-COW!
  • She crawls at the speed of light......seriously! I try and watch to see how she moves so fast, and cant figure out how she does it.
  • She has had an ear infection for "at least" 9 weeks now. It could be longer! I thought she might be better, but then again, today she was showing signs that she isnt. She has had 2 rounds of antibiotics and 2 shots of antibiotics. I just dont know what to do about those DARN ears. I am terrified that she will follow in Kaylee's footsteps. And I hate hate HATE giving her those antibiotics. I know that is not the best thing for her, they dont even help, and I fell like they are doing more harm than good. I get sick to my stomach everytime I give her those meds, there has got to be a better (more natural) way. I have tried researching online (but dont have too much time to really read what I want to read). If anyone out there has ANY ideas, I am ALL EARS!!! no pun intended
  • I took them both to see a chiropractor today! You might have just reread that a few times, but you read correctly the first time. I didnt just wake up and say "I'm going to take the girls to see a chiropractor today." This is what happened. Like I said I have been SICK about giving Ainslee meds lately, and I was texting with my mom about it, she just so happened to be at the chiropractor. She mentioned it to him and he suggested that I bring them in for a consultation. I used to see this practicular chiropractor when I was in high school. So I brought them in today and learned A LOT! Marcus and I are in the process of discussing their future in regards to the chiropractor. I would really like to give it a shot, he says that he can definitely help with the ear infections.
  • She is pooping/ peeing more and more on the potty. She is telling me when she has to go, as opposed to me just taking her or me "knowing" she has to go. She loves to sit on the potty and even tells me when she is all done.
  • STILL NO TEETH! And not quite sure there are any in the making. All those times I thought she was teething, it was really her ears. I am such a horrible mom for not knowing!
  • No signs of walking either
  • She eats SO much! She is like the enegizer bunny when it comes to eating......it's C.R.A.Z.Y!!!
  • Despite all of her cuteness she was told by an old lady today, and I quote, "you sure are cute, but not as cute as my puppy!"
  • I can hear her snoring THROUGH THE WALL!
  • She is a little sociallite like her sister, wants to be the center of attention, have everyone notice her, and ga-ga over her. And if you don't she will FIND a way to get your attention.
  • She is seriously the happiest baby, despite all the pain she must be in, she is still so happy. We have seen 3 doctors about those darn ears, and they all say how bad (especially the right) it looks. I just want to take her pain away.
  • She is still a HUGE mommas girl
  • Drama Queen! She can get the tears flowing even before she starts crying. And they just pour out of her. It melts my heart!
  • When she doing something she knows she shouldnt be, she laughs! She is going to be a handful!
  • She is down to 1 nap a day, well for the most part. There is still a random day here and there where she will take 2 shorter naps. But she usually just takes 1 good long nap.

I'm sure there was more things I wanted to tell you about her, but they have left my ever shrinking brain for now.

Have a HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

In case I dont get around to blogging again before then


I know I havent been the best blogger lately, in fact this isnt the only area of my life that I have neglected recently. I feel like something has happened, there are no longer 24 hours in a day and 7 days in a week. My days are more like 10 hours long and there are only like 4 of them; I have to CRAM in 24 hours worth of stuff into each one of them. Most days I find it hard to find time to go to the bathroom, let alone get the things done that are on my list. So I apologize, mostly to my friends, who I have been DYING to get together with....but havent.

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Chiro's are a great place to start if looking for a "whole body" approach to the girls health and wellness. I have had some hip/pelvic pain as well as some menstrual issues for almost a year and in 3 months with the chiro, they have all but disappeared.

They are very natural medicine friendly I've found and my doc in Arlingotn is very "cruncy" friendly:)

Iknow you had to give the big bad antibiotics. I don't blame you. If you are at Whole Foods, check for the liquid pro biotics, it tastes like apple juice. you can mix with cereal or whatever she's eating and it will help restore her little gut and revive her good flora. If you can't find the liquid, you can get the capsules and just put them under her tongue too. Maggie hasn't had an ear infeciton yet so I don't know but I'm sure there are some natural remedies out tehre!