Friday, November 6, 2009

I'm seeing dots

I'm FINISHED!!!

It didnt quite turn out how I had envisioned it, but it is done, and it is staying the way it is, because this momma ain't paintin' NO more dots!

Not only do I think I went a little OVER board on the amount, but I think I made plenty of mistakes on the "color disbursement." Oh well......live and learn! Kaylee likes it and that's all that counts!

I have to just say that PAINTING IS HARD WORK! I have no idea how Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel, I nearly died completing my wall of dots! I have so much respect for painters and artists after this! I never thought that it would take that much effort to paint some dots on a wall! The blood ran out of my hands, at some points I couldnt even feel my hands, my legs cramped, my back cramped, my neck cramped, I nearly fell of the ladder a dozen times, I was seeing dots even when I wasnt in her room, I felt like I needed to be checked into a mental hospital when the dots started talking to me (jk that didnt happen), but I thought I was going to have to be admitted into some sort of hospital before it was over. I know I am a whiny baby, but it really was hard/ detailed work. And I did it ALL by myself, Marcus didnt even know that I had started this little project until I was a week into it (I started the day that he was stuck at work for 36 hours straight). I picked the colors, I picked the sizes of the circles (3", 5", and 8"), I picked the placement of them, I picked the color of each circle, and painted them ALL! Can you tell I'm proud? I usually dont make this many decisions without consulting him first, so it was a new thing for me.

From start to finish
I could only do a few dots at a time, while trying to keep 2 rug rats occupied and out of trouble


The real painting started when I was able to get rid of Kaylee for the night and paint after Ainslee went to sleep



See what I mean about "too many?"

We will be getting rid of the crib soon......very soon! As in after we get back from Boston, hopefully! I bought the rails (I'm kinda scared to death that she will fall out of her bed, so I'm playing it safe and putting rails on). We need to buy her a mattress, the one you see in the pictures is actually an air mattress, we want her on a REAL mattress. She has already had a few trial runs in a big bed at my moms house for nap. I'd be lying if i said the transition has been smooth so far. She didnt sleep the 1st day, took a good nap the 2nd go around, refused to even stay in the bed the 3rd time, and barely slept on the 4th try. I wonder how she will do when she is in the bed the whole night? I'll keep you posted.
We leave for Boston in the morning.......hope we dont freeze to death

2 comments:

Wanting What I Have said...

cute!!! i think you did a great job!

Kelli said...

I know that all those dots were a lot of work but I LOVE IT! It looks wonderful and I think you did a super job! :)