Saturday, November 14, 2009

From the Mouth of Kaylee

I know you guys are all wondering why I'm not posting about our recent trip to Boston, but rest assured those posts are coming, I'm just not at MY computer, so I dont have the pictures for the posts. Plus I wanted to get this one written before I forget all the things i want to write about.

Lately Kaylee has been cracking us up with all the sayings/ expressions she comes up with. Here are just a few of the ones that have made us laugh...

Let me preface this 1st one by saying we still have Kaylee on a GF diet. When we were at lunch one day in Boston Marcus asked to try a bite of Kaylee's noodles, she replied "No daddy these arent YOUR kind of noodles." We always tell her something isnt "her kind" if she isnt allowed to eat it.

Today she asked for some chips and I said no, she replied "Oh those have gluten in them mommy."

When sitting at our kitchen table she can look out and see her reflection in the window, last night I caught her talking to herself in the window, "You cant have a bite, you wont like it anyways, its too spicy."

In the bathtub I told her it was time to get out and she replied "I'm not quite finished playing yet mommy."

When you ask her if she wants something particular (like an apple or which shirt to wear that day) she will respond "SURE, that will be fine."

On the airplane, in restaurants, walking down the street, in stores while shopping, the worker men that are roofing my parents house, and everywhere else she is, she asks perfect strangers "What name? What doin'?" She will carry on conversations with ANYONE!

Her most FAVORITE conversation goes like this, "what eatin'?" The other person tells her what they are eating. Kaylee asks "can I have some?" the person will either answer YES or NO and no matter what the answer is 5 seconds later she asks the same question again, and again, and again.

The biggest thing we are working on is her use of the words "he" and "she". She knows that "she" is a girl, and she knows the difference between girls and boys, but when it comes to using those little pronouns correctly she always uses "HE" instead of "she". Our conversations go like this.
Kaylee is trying to tell me something that Ainslee is doing.
Kaylee: "He is biting her shoe, mommy"
Me: "SHE, Kaylee"
Kaylee: "she is a girl, he is biting"
Me: "SHE Kaylee! Say SHE!"
Kaylee: "she is a girl, he is biting her shoe"
Me: "Kaylee, say she. She is biting her shoe."
Kaylee: "she is a girl, she is biting her shoe."
The point is that she will say "she is a girl", and then when it comes time to using the word correctly she doesnt. It is quite funny. This conversation has gone on more times than I can count.

While reading her a book for nap today, this particular book had Minnie Mouse dressed up in different costumes. On each page I would ask her what Minnie's costume was, she made me laugh when she would say "she's a hippie!" She would say that for every page. I guess she thinks that all costumes are hippies.

I just love watching her as she learns the language and figures out how to use it. She has such a great grasp of it.....we think she is advanced, but then again we are biased.

There is one more saying that I wanted to share with you, but it requires a video, so as soon as I am able to get it, I will post it.

No comments: