Saturday, September 26, 2009

New Record

This has to be my ALL TIME RECORD OF LONGEST TIME IN BETWEEN POSTS EVER! I mean I didnt take this much time off when we went to Mexico for 2 weeks, or even when I had Ainslee and was in the hospital. I never neglect my blog for so long. I guess I warned you that this might happen, but it is definitely not for the reasons that I predicted. I havent even gotten 1 single solitary minute to read anything about GF stuff yet.

Here is a little of what we have been up to.

1. We made it to Boston, and home from Boston all in one piece. It was a miracle, but we did it! We hardly slept a wink while we were there. More on that trip later, I have to sort through about 1000 pictures.

2. Kaylee started getting sick the night before our flight home. She proceeded to give us ALL whatever germs she had acquired. The girls and I have been battling upper respiratory infections and ear infections since returning home. So pretty much we havent been sleeping much because WE.CANT.BREATHE!!! Oh and Kaylee has finally learned to blow her nose, which is much easier than me having to suck it out with that bulb syringe. I am SO thankful that we dont have the piggy flu!
3. Ainslee is CRAWLING!!! YES, I know, I cant believe it! I really thought that she was going to skip the "real" crawling phase, but she proved me wrong once again. She has been doing the army crawl thing for about 2 months now, and today she decided that it was time to just go ahead and crawl the "real" way. YAY for Ainslee!

4. While I was packing for Boston, Ainslee was playing on the floor of our bedroom, I looked over and she had pulled herself up on the suitcase and was standing, I thought it was a fluke until she did the same thing in Boston, twice on the bottom stair and once on the bar stool in Crista's kitchen. Looks like cruising isnt too far in the future.

5. Ainslee has tried countless new foods, and loves just about everything you put in her mouth. She becomes a different person when food is around, and she cant eat it fast enough. Auntie Crista and Uncle Harry were very surprised at her aggressiveness when it came to eating.

6. Kaylee got her cast off before we went to Boston, her foot wasnt healed quite enough, so the doctor put her into a removable "boot". She was told to wear it about a week, and then try taking it off. We did just as the doctor ordered and tried taking her boot off while we were in Boston. She limped at first, trying to adjust back to normal walking is a bit difficult when you have been in a cast so long. She would walk fine for a couple hours and then revert to limping. We kept switching back and forth - boot, no boot, boot, no boot. But after seeing the doctor the other day he suggested that we keep it on her a little longer, and thus she is back in the boot full time now. Her foot is still a tad bit swollen and she walks with a limp most of the time. I really hope that it heals quickly because that boot is D-E-A-D-L-Y!

7. Kaylee missed another day of school, her count is up to 4 now, and she has only had a total of 5 days. I love paying for something my child doesnt even get to experience.

8. We now live in the jungle! After countless days of rain, and NO grass cutting our yard is looking more and more like a home for some wild animals than our yard. I wonder what Marcus' "plan of attack" is going to be to get it back to normal.

9. We have NO food in this house! When I say no food, I mean NO FOOD! I have been to tired and sick to do any sort of grocery shopping, so we have literally been scrounging around for something to eat for the past 4 days. I have GOT to get to the grocery store ASAP!

10. I promise that pictures and accounts of our time in Boston will be coming soon. I have been going to bed before 8 since being sick, and not doing much of anything except trying to survive, so I will get to working on those posts tonight.

1 comment:

Wanting What I Have said...

Wow. You have had a lot on your plate. I will be praying for God to give you strength and to bring healing to you and your girls! Hang in there.