Monday, September 28, 2009

New Cup

Kaylee's new cup FINALLY arrived! I searched and searched and researched many different styles, designs, and materials of cups. I finally made my choice on the one that I thought best fit what I was looking for. My biggest thing is that I wanted a SAFE cup for my children to drink from. I do not want the "toxins" from plastic leeching into my children's drinks and therefore into their bodies. So after the safety criteria was met I focused on all the "extras." I knew I wanted a straw cup, I preferred aluminum, I wanted it to be well insulated to keep drinks cold for long periods of time, and a BIG PLUS was having it be durable! Cause everyone knows how destructive my little monster can be.

The cup I finally chose was the Foogo by Thermos. I ordered mine on Amazon, I only got one so I could try it out for myself to see if it really does live up to all the reviews . I also ordered one of the Foogo food jars. I have to say that I absolutely LOVE this cup, and so does Kaylee! It does do everything that it says it is supposed to.....and it doesnt sweat either! I mentioned to Marcus the other day that I wish cups did not sweat, it is a pain in the butt cleaning up sweat rings and water from everywhere. And this one doesnt sweat, how cool is that? Now I do have to list the good with the bad, it does leak. It only leaks when the top is not closed. But when it is closed it is completely leak proof. So I just have to train Kaylee to close the top after she is done drinking. It leaks because the straw does not have a valve in it like most cups, but to me this is a good thing, because her cups that have valves always spray when opened due to the pressure that has built up. I think I will deal with teaching her to close the top over uncontrollable drink sprayage.

I have to say I was VERY eager to test the insulation. The first night we had the cup, I put ice and a little bit of water, and I left the cup sitting on the counter throughout the night. I figured if there was still ice in it in the morning, it would pass my test. It still had ice in it the next AFTERNOON!

Ainslee perked her head up to see what all the commotion was when the new cup arrived

What?....I think I'm gonna like this cup

"Mom, why are you taking pictures of me drinking from a cup? It's JUST a cup!"

She wanted to sit in Ainslee's lap and drink.....so she did

I think she likes it!

This was HER idea! She wanted to share with Ainslee, and Ainslee surely took her up on her offer.
Because the cup does not have a valve, Ainslee is able to drink from it too. She thought she was hot stuff for drinking from a big girl cup.

Now all our other cups with the "bad" plastics are going in the trash, actually I wonder if they can be recycled? This is just one step in me trying to make our lives (and more importantly) the lives of my children healthier. Now I just have to buy more of these cups so that we can have extras and always have one clean.

No comments: