Thursday, September 3, 2009

My day at a glance

This is sorta how my day went, I'm sure the times are off a little bit but you can get the gist of it

446am hear Kaylee call my name
447 roll over thinking that I am having a bad dream
448 realize it is not a dream and she really is calling my name
450 struggle to get out of bed and go see what could possibly be waking her at such and unGodly hour
451 as I approach her door I know exactly what the problem is. It is my biggest fear! I haven't had to deal with this for the 1st 32 months of her life***, and there is no better time than 5am to experience it for the first time. PUKE! The smell of vomit was so strong I felt myself getting queasy even before I opened the door to her room.
452 I prepare myself for what I might find on the other side of the door
453 I open the door to find Kaylee curled up in 1 corner of her crib and the rest of the crib COVERED in vomit. I had to think what to do. Do I wash her first? Do I get the sheet off first? Do I pick up the chunks (sorry for being so graphic)? No one teaches you the order in which to clean up such a mess at 5am before the sun comes out and the birds are awake.
455 I am in the process of trying to clean her up and explain to her at the same time that she did NOT poop in her bed that it was throw up. She was quite confused. I will say that she is a very neat thrower-upper, if there is such a thing. She only had the tiniest bit on her, quite frankly I don't know how she managed to avoid it all.
509 I have wiped her down with soapy washcloth, changed the sheets, put new pjs on her, and decided it was still sleepy time. I told her I would read her a book and she was going back to bed. She didnt complain
515 I walked out of her room, only to be greeted by the sound of Ainslee waking up. I dont know why I was surprised, this is her usual wake up time, but she does nurse then go back to sleep until 11 or so.
516 decided to take a bathroom break before entering Ainslee's room
517 just as I am about to pick Ainslee up out of her crib I see it. I rub my eyes to be sure that my brain isn't playing tricks on me. "How could this be?" More VOMIT! So I begin the process all over again. But this time the child didn't just sit where I tell her to and listen as I cleaned. Oh no she screamed if I wasn't holding her. So I had to clean her and her bed up while holding her. Poor little thing must have felt so bad and had no idea what was going on.
528 nurse Ainslee and put her back to sleep in a clean bed.
543 start a load of vomit covered laundry
549 text Marcus to tell him what happened
551 climbed back into bed for what I thought would be a couple of hours. Just as my brain quits processing what had just transpired and my eyes begin to feel really heavy,
631 I hear the screams coming from Kaylee's room again. OH NO NOT AGAIN! I rush into her room, thankfully no vomit this time. She asked if we could lay in her big bed together, and I agreed.
703 still not fully awake, I started preparing something for us to eat
728 Marcus comes home
738 I decided to finish the cleaning up job, that I basically only patched, in an effort to buy myself some more sleep. Started the second load of laundry.
755 it was time for a bath for Kaylee, I could still smell the vomit on her.
800 just as Kaylee and I are climbing into the tub we hear Ainslee waking up. Marcus had not yet fallen asleep so I asked him to go get her and put her in the tub with us. I bathed both girls at once.
828 I get all of us out of the tub and dressed. Everyone was obviously still very tired, so why not try a nap. I put Kaylee down first, then Ainslee, then myself. I had a hard time settling down, for some reason the smell of vomit lingered in my nose. I drifted off a few times, as I heard Ainslee talking in the monitor. As I would learn later Ainslee was making another nice little present for me, only this time it was coming out the other end.
1026 Kaylee woke up, but I laid in her big bed for an extra 20 minutes to let her rest more (actually I wanted to sleep longer).
1046 We get up and get a snack. Let me rephrase, I gave her a snack (that she requested) and she wouldnt eat it. I begin getting our things ready to leave the house.
1115 or so. Ainslee wakes up and gives me her 2nd surprise of the day! We get out the door without any more problems.
1125 headed to grandmas house
1200 eat lunch, Kaylee barely eats, Ainslee did pretty good eating
1251 try putting both girls down again. Ainslee cooperated, Kaylee not so much! Kaylee did however "rest" in her crib for about 1.5 hours.

That is as far as I got on keeping track of the day. Pretty much stayed the same. Neither one showed any more signs of not feeling well. I, on the other hand, started feeling progressively worse as the day went on.

Mom, Dad, both girls, and myself went to check out a play house that one of my dad's friends is GIVING us! I am so excited about it! I know the girls are going to absolutely LOVE it! Now if we could only figure out how we are going to get it here........

Marcus and I had Kaylee's parent orientation tonight for her new school (AKA: MDO 2 days/week). We listened to the director talk and explain the program, then got a chance to hear from her teachers. We are both very excited about this new adventure. We are pleased (so far) with her teachers and the program. I know Kaylee is going to have so much fun!

And I really really hope that I dont get sick! I am off to bed now, YAY for me I get to sleep in tomorrow because my mom has Kaylee tonight (that was planned before any of this sickness happened, and she agreed to follow through even though Kaylee isnt 100%! I am so thankful for family so close to home, who enjoy keeping the girls "in sickness and in health"!

***Kaylee has been sick before now, but I have never had to deal with it. Surprisingly enough, each AND every time she is sick we are out of town. The first time was last summer while we were in Mexico Kaylee was REALLY REALLY sick, thanks Ceire and mom (mostly Ceire) for taking such good care of her. The next time was last winter when we were in Hawaii looking for a house. Thanks again Ceire! and then I think it was when I was in Chicago (I cant remember) she was sick again! Thanks yet again Ceire. I promise I dont get her all sick and then leave! I know she is probably sick because she misses her mommy SOOOOO much! HA! yeah right

3 comments:

Confessions said...

oh yuck. what a wonderful mama you are, michele.

Wanting What I Have said...

wow! what a day. hang in there. i second katie: you're a wonderful mama!

inkBLOTdesignsSTUDIO said...

Oh it was ME when you were in Chicago! and after Mexico and while in Hawaii! Though Thanksgiving was the worst...thats when she puked all over me in the bed. Why was she sleeping in the bed with me? Cause she was scared out of her mind to sleep in her crib after John had crashed through the ceiling a couple of days before!

And im undecided about whether or not you plans these trips and then expose her to germs/bugs!

And I deserved a larger, bolder DISCLAIMER!!!