Monday, September 7, 2009

Contaminated

I failed at baking yet ANOTHER loaf of my GF bread Saturday night!!! I cant even count how much money I have wasted on GF bread over the past 2 years. I used to be able to make it, and one day something happened and I can no longer do it. I dont know what happened. I was so upset Saturday night that I got online and started looking for answers. I just want to find something that I can eat that tastes somewhat normal. I'd prefer that it doesnt cost me a fortune and is fairly simple to make too, but I wont hold my breathe, considering NOTHING GF is. I have to admit that I get sucked into reading about GF stuff and cant stop.

After having stomach pains for the past week I decided that I have to get more strict with my diet. No more cheating! No more contamination! Did you know that people with Celiac arent even supposed to eat food that has been contaminated with gluten. You might wonder what is considered "contamination"?
Contamination is:
When Marcus puts his pizza on the rack in the oven, then I toast my bread on the same rack without washing it with soap and water.
When I marinate our steak in beer.
When eating out there are MANY ways that food can become contaminated, the biggest one I can think of at the moment, is when food is fried in the same oil as food that is breaded.
When something that contains "modified food starch" and it isnt labeled specifically what kind of food starch. It could be derived from wheat or corn or a number of other things.
When food contains any "hidden" gluten, and there are TONS of things on that list.

I am going to go back to my doctor to see if anything has changed with me, or if I have done anymore damage to my body by not being so strict with my diet. I am going to be doing A LOT of research online in the near future. I am going to learn everything there is to learn about gluten free food. I am going to read and read and read until my eyes pop out of my head! And I am determined to find a better way, because anything is better than what I got going on right now (i mean when it comes to my diet). So I am announcing my blogging and FB sabbatical in advance. I apologize now for not posting much over the next couple of weeks or so. And, well, our trip to Boston isnt going to help with my sabbatical either.



HAPPY LABOR DAY EVERYONE!!!

No comments: