Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The differences

I know that each and every pregnancy is a different experience! It is hard to believe that with all the same things physically and metabolically that happen with all pregnancies that the experience could differ so much.

Just about the only thing that has been the same with this pregnancy and with Kaylee is my morning sickness!

Difference #1: I am freezing cold all the time with this pregnancy! With Kaylee I was burning up. If Marcus, AKA "the heater", touched me with just one finger when I was pregnant with Kaylee I was screaming "get off me! I'm sweating!" This time I want to cuddle up as close as possible. I lay on the couch wearing pants and socks and cover myself with blankets, all the while BEGGING Marcus to turn the ceiling fan off.

Difference #2: With Kaylee I craved spicy food and peanut butter. Let me clear that up I never wanted to eat spicy food WITH my peanut butter, i just craved both of them. This time i cant get enough sweets. Every time I turn around i am looking for something sweet to eat: ice cream, candy, or my new favorite cookies......Cowboy cookies. I found this recipe in my Martha Stewart magazine and made the necessary adjustments to make them gluten free. YUMMY!!!

Difference #3: While I felt this baby kick earlier than Kaylee, this baby does not seem to be as consistently active as Kaylee was.

Difference #4: This pregnancy my hair keeps falling out by the handfuls. With Kaylee, my hair grew as thick and strong as it was when i was a kid.

Difference #5: When I was pregnant with Kaylee I felt like I couldn't get enough food, I was eating all the time. This time around I find myself forcing food into my mouth, and could even skip some meals if I wanted to.

I know there are a few other things I have noticed that have been different with this pregnancy but they have seemed to escape my mind. My mind is one thing that i definitely lost when I got pregnant with Kaylee and I am still looking to recover it! If/ when i recall the other differences I will be sure to post them.

No comments: