Thursday, October 23, 2008

1st Hair Cut (actually trim)


Today was a "BIG" day for Kaylee

She got her first hair cut!
(I like to say she just got a 'trim' because all she did was take a little off the bottom, she didnt get a 'style' or layers. So in my eyes it was just a trim)

When we sat her down in the chair she was a little weary of Mrs. Diane hoovering over her with a pair of scissors and a comb. Mrs. Diane suggested that Marcus hold her, to make her feel more comfortable. So that is what we did. Kaylee sat, pretty patiently, in Marcus' arms while Diane trimmed the ends of her hair. She only took about 1 inch off the bottom but it looks like she took 2 or 3 inches off! I was so sad to see my little girl getting her first hair cut, and I could see the difference immediately. She looks so much older with her new trim.

Have you ever seen that episode of Friends where they make fun of Chandlers smile? Kaylee has such a beautiful smile, and when you put her in front of the camera she either closes her eyes or gets a goofy look on her face. By the way that's Diane on the left she is a great friend of mine, and has been cutting my hair for years.

Daddy and Kaylee after it was all finished


When we got home and I took a look at the pictures, I decided to take just a few more before bed so I could get some better shots. Keep in mind this is WAY past her bedtime, and for some reason she gets REALLY hyper when she is tired. It is like she has to act crazy to keep herself awake. Needless to say you can see how much of a character she is by these shots.

No comments: