Sunday, February 17, 2008

Edible Creation

So this past Saturday was Crista's 1st Bridal Shower. I was in charge of the fruit. And I thought since i "royaly" messed up the invitations, i thought that i might do something a little "special" to make up for it. So when i was asked to bring fruit to the shower i took this responsibility VERY seriously. I began researching immediately and this is what i came up with....

I decided that a fruit bouquet would be my new "project."

I began planning what fruits would be included, how i whould include them, and the basic design of the project. I researched fruit until I couldnt read anymore about it. I learned more about fruit than i ever thought i would.

Did you know that thick skined oranges are better for eating, while the thin skined ones are better for juicing?
Did you know that if you boil an orange for 5 minutes before you peel it, the peel and all that white stuff comes off MUCH easier?
(I dont want to bore you with anymore)

So after all my researching, i decided to plan out 'how' i was going to put this thing together. I made out a list of fruits and then a list of the best stores to buy these fruits, so i could be the most cost-effiecient shopper i could be. then i escaped, leaving marcus in charge of the house (and Kaylee) and i shopped for my fruit; pineapple, oranges, cantaloupe, necterines, green grapes, purple grapes, strawberries, chocolate, and all the ingredients needed for the fruit dip.
It took 2 days to prep and Bethany to come over the morning of the shower to help assemble the arrangement, but here is what the final project looked like from start to finish.


Here is another picture from the shower



If anyone is interested in trying this let me know and i can give you some pointers. Trust me it is not as hard as you would think

4 comments:

Confessions said...

Amazing!!! i was going to email you today to find out how it went!! you are so clever!

*Princess Mommy* said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
*Princess Mommy* said...

it turned out really great! So glad everyone liked it!!

Crista and Harry said...

I can attest, it not only looked good, but tasted delicious! I was so impressed when Michele walked in the door with the gorgeous arrangement!! Thanks again Michele!!!