Saturday, May 5, 2012

Our birdhouse

I think I told you guys a few months ago my dad gave the girls a birdhouse he made with the children at Madonna Learning Center. Well I never got around to doing any lessons on birds like I wanted to, but they have gotten some lessons the ol' fashion way.......by experience!

Here is Ainslee checking out the eggs for the 1st time!


 Kaylee shows her emotions way different, but she was so excited. She was trying to wrap her brain around what she was looking at.

Here are the 3 tiny blue eggs. It was really hard to get a picture through the plexiglass


I know you can hardly tell, but there are 2 little birds in there


This shot seems to be a bit better. Im not quite sure why 2 of the eggs have hatched and the 3rd has not. I hope that baby bird is going to make it into the world safe and sound.


This one is ready to eat


This video reminds me of Brynlee (and the big girls too) when they are itty bitty newborns and they are trying to nurse. They look like blind little baby birds trying to find food from their mommy. It is so neat to witness this perfect slice of nature.


No comments: