Tuesday, November 29, 2011

1st Snow and other updates

We got our 1st snow of the season last night and this morning. They predicted 1-3" but I'm not exactly sure how much actually came down. I tried telling the girls it wasn't enough to play in, but they wanted to go outside and play in it anyways.  I spent a good 10 minutes bundling and layering them up, snapped a few pics and sent them outside while I started preparing lunch. They didn't last long out there, I would say less than 10 minutes, which means it took us longer to get ready than to actually "play." Oh well! They complained that their hands were wet and cold, and I couldn't blame them for wanting to come in. We need to buy better/waterproof gloves for them. I have a pair for Kaylee i bought last year, but they are too big. I put them straight into a warm bath when they came in. They thawed out quite nicely while playing.





In other news, I had another doctor's appointment yesterday and it seems I haven't made much, if any, progress since last week. She said i could be like 3 1/2 cm but definitely not 4. I had a rough night last night after being poked and prodded at the doc. I experienced lots of pressure down low and felt like something was "happening". Needless to say I was able to sleep it off and am back to normal today. Well normal as I can be, I think Ive been over doing it a bit trying to get all things ready for baby and Christmas, as well as meet the current needs of the girls.  Today I started feeling hot, dizzy and light headed and had to lay down to let it pass. This hasnt happened to me very freguently in this pregnancy so started to become a bit nervous.  I really need to find a way to take more regular breaks during the morning. but I feel like there is just SO much to do!


We completed like our 4th day of school for the entire month of November today! We have totally been slacking in the school department. There are SO many distractions that pull us away from doing school, when we have errands to run, or I was too lazy to prepare the night before, or like today playing in the snow seemed more interesting than doing school. I have to stop putting school on the back burner and make it more of a priority. I realize it is just 4-K but I don't want to sink into any bad habits when it comes to our school schedule. It seems like the days that we DON'T do school Kaylee says "Mommy I LOOOOVE school can we please do it today!?" and the days that we DO school she complains "Mommy I really don't feel like learning today, can we please not do school?!" Guess you always want what you don't have! Not only do I want to build good schedule habits I am trying to get in as many school days as possible before this baby arrives. I know that when that happens school days will be few and far between. So I'm trying to buckle down and get as much done in the days to come.  I am comforted by the fact that I KNOW she is getting more "education" at home with me than she would be if she was in the MDO program 2 days a week that she was scheduled to attend. So it makes me feel better that she is at least on track, if not ahead, of that.  Since I last posted about school we have started our new curriculum. We are only 2 days into it, and I can tell how much harder it is for Kaylee.  Still completely doable, but it is different, and she has to learn how to deal with different! There are life lessons all around!  I am still on the hunt for a Kindergarten curriculum that will be the perfect fit for us, and am hoping to be able to attend a HS conference in April in Memphis. I feel like I can reach out to other moms as well as find some curriculum ideas. Looking forward to that!


On the adgenda for the next couple of days is to finish up the Christmas shopping, put up more Christmas decorations (we started today), wrap all Christmas presents, get tree and put it up/decorate it, plan Christmas dinners, start working on the Christmas card/baby announcement (I've decided to do a combo card this year, when I considered the proximity of the 2 events, the cost of postage which will be approx $54 as well as the added work, doing one card seemed to make sense), I also have to do some grocery shopping to stock our fridge and freezer as to avoid going to the store, or sending Marcus, after the baby is born.  My lists are piling up and keeping track of them a daunting task, but Im up for it, and will be crossing many things off in the days to come............wish me luck!




1 comment:

Brenda said...

3 cm already??? Wow, I think a good walk or some spicy food would kick it into gear:) That's awesome! I just noticed the baby ticker. Didn't realize you were full term! Excited!