Wednesday, November 16, 2011

WORDY Wednesday - Baby bump

35 WEEKS

I cant believe I am technically down to days, 34 days to be exact. Maybe even less! My appointment before the trip I gained 5 lbs and was measuring 4 weeks ahead of schedule. I thought news would be even worse at my most recent appointment (last week) but thankfully all my bed eating in Washington didnt come crashing down on me. I didnt gain anything, and Im only measuring 1 week ahead of schedule. But because of the frequency and number of *contractions Ive been experiencing lately (up to 8 in an hour) my doc decided to do an exam to make sure we dont miss anything. The results amazed me, probably shouldnt but they did, i am nearly 2 cm dilated. The baby's head has been down for the past like 5 weeks, and when my baby's go head down, they typically stay that way, so hopefully that will not be an issue this go around either. my doc seems to think I will be going earlier than my due date, but again only time will tell. I have decided to do this one as naturally as possible (with the girls I was induced) so im not quite sure what it feels like to actually GO INTO labor. I would like to stay at home as long as possible for a few reasons; for comfort and to avoid the problems we had in the hospital when I delivered Ainslee. Speaking of the hospital we have our hospital tour scheduled for next Monday, where we will get to see the new facility that has been built since delivering Ainslee. Also I have MANY questions and concerns that I want addressed before going into the hospital for the birth. I have high hopes for this tour and really want everything to go smoothly. My next appointment is next week and she said she is checking me again, i am eager to see if any progress has been made in the 2 short weeks.

Based on my baby chart the baby is measuring approx 18.2in long and weighing in at 5.25lbs

So speaking of births and babies I have had 4 babies born to people close to me in the past couple weeks....a college teammate/friend had a baby boy, a high school friend/teammate had a baby boy, Marcus's cousin in Ireland had a baby girl, and a very good friend from my childhood had a baby boy.

Now if you are going on trends 3 out of those 4 were boys. I still hold my thought of this baby being a girl, but it seems that EVERYONE else thinks this little one is a boy! Kaylee even referred to the baby as "he" the other night at dinner, but it must have been a slip of tongue because this baby is ALL girl in her book. And according to her if it should be a boy, he will not be allowed to come home with us. Her plan for our family includes FOUR girls!


*the bulk of my contractions are occurring almost every night between 5-9pm sometimes more come than others, and they have yet to become strong. So my guess is this baby is coming sometime in the evening. OR I have been getting up to pee almost the same time every night, so my second guess is the baby is coming sometime around the 3AM mark.


Last night I was plagued with a debilitating head ache. It was bad people! I havent had many headaches lately so this one caught me completely off guard. It was so sweet to see the girls be so compassionate with me. Kaylee was getting me anything i needed including an ice pack for my head, she would rub my back, talk quietly (if you know Kaylee you know that in itself is a HUGE thing), they sat and played quietly without problems for over an hour. Ainslee would come and "check" on the baby, asking "baby sick mommy?" To say that the girls are excited about this baby is an understatement, I am totally looking forward to seeing the 3 of them together and seeing the bonds they build, it will be quite remarkable!

2 comments:

Brenda said...

i can't believe you are measuring ahead of schedule. you are so tiny! and i think it's a boy too given that you are all belly:)

Kelli said...

Wow, Mama! You look great!! :)

Glad to hear that things are going so well and that the girls are so excited. Oh, and you'll totally know it if you 'just go into labor'. ;)