Friday, June 10, 2011

my birthday

I am another year older.......boohoo!

Marcus surprised me this year, my day started off with my usual Sunday routine of getting to sleep in. Marcus and the girls woke me up and he wanted to take me to breakfast, so he got the girls AND himself ready (which I think is a first) and we drive into Cville. We called my parents and sister on the way and asked if they wanted to join us and they did. We had a nice LATE breakfast and then headed home for the girls to nap. Actually we ended up ALL napping, which was quite nice. Then we had a birthday party for the girls to go to, which was at our neighbors house. It was fun, and super tiring for the girls, and Amma appreciated that when we dropped them both at her house so we could have a date night (which was also a surprise for me). Thankfully we decided to call the restaurant ahead of time because we learned that it had closed! So we drove around for AN HOUR trying to decide where to eat. With all my food "issues" and sensitivities it was not an easy decision! We finally settled on Shogun, a Japanese restaurant with hibachi grill. I was craving salad, and while they don't have the best salad they have the best ginger dressing! Also the rice just sounded really good to me, so that's where we went. We started off with a sushi roll and a giant salad, with extra dressing. Surprisingly I wanted the sushi and LOVED it too. Then we moved into the hibachi section of the restaurant and had our dinner, but by that point I was getting full and only ordered rice. I could barely put a dent in the humongous pile I had on my plate, but it was yummy!

Marcus was begging to go to a movie after dinner, and I just couldn't do it. We agreed to get a redbox on the way home and watch in the comforts of our home. Which ended up being perfect because I started feeling really sick and nearly lost my dinner on the way home. We watched "I am Number Four". I was skeptical at first but it turned out being ok.

I picked up the girls the next day from Amma's and they both thoroughly enjoyed my left over ginger dressing and fried rice! It was such a great day!

No comments: