Friday, June 10, 2011

Cosmic Coconut and Cleanse

A grade school friend of mine just opened an Organic (Vegan) Juice Bar and Cafe called Cosmic Coconut. I have been dying to get in there and try it out. I am not wanting to go all vegan or anything but I have been trying to figure out how to develop more healthy eating habits. I would like to throw in a meatless Monday or a fish Friday (or both) to our weekly routine, but I know the chances of our family going too crazy with food is out of the question.

On the way to get our weekly allergy shots last week, I told the girls we were going to stop at a special place first. After a little prodding from them, I told the girls that we were going to go get "healthy drinks." I had looked on the website a little bit to narrow down my choices, but I was still really unsure about which drinks to order. My main goal was to get the girls something with veggies in it, so i wanted to stay away from a FRUIT smoothie. I can make them fruit smoothies at home, and i do pretty regularly. I wanted some added nutrients, foods that they dont usually eat. So I went with a "Peace Love Pear" smoothie for me, which I was obviously prepared to share. And i got them a "Star Student" juice (reccommended by an employee). The Star Student is not even listed on their website, but it was celery, sweet potato (supposed to be carrot but they were out of carrots), lemon, and something else that I forgot. It was pretty good, the celery was the dominanting flavor, and if I had to do it over again I would have asked for it served on ice. Kaylee drank most of this one, and when I wasnt looking Ainslee pretty much sucked all mine down. Mine had pears, bananas, chard, and coconut milk. It was really tasty. I am really excited about this place. I dont drink coffee, or spend money on stuff like that, but i can totally see myself making this a regular weekly stop. I felt so full and satisfied after drinking those drinks too, never once did it make me feel sick. I was really scared about that because of how nauseous I have been lately, but it actually made me feel MUCH better. Plus I felt good mentally because I was getting good food into my body. I know that I am eating enough, but I feel like I could be eating better at this stage in my pregnancy, its just the nausea that holds me back. I plan on incorporating these types of drinks/juices into our everyday routine too. I cant wait to try other ones. Oh and I have to tell you what Ainslee said when we walked in.......the lady asked us what she could get for us and Ainslee responded "healfy drink please." I just laughed!

I have been following a strangers blog for probably over a year now. I cant even remember how I stumbled upon her blog, but I love it! And it is so shocking that I love it considering I dont even know her, AND she is totally into fashion, which I am clearly NOT into! Here is
her blog if you care to take a look. Anyways so her name is Bethany, and she recently did a 7 day Cleanse, through a friend of hers business. did you follow all that?
As I read each day of her progress with the cleanse I knew that I wanted to do just that! Like I said before I have been wanting to incorporate more healthy eating habits, and I thought "what a better way to get started". The business is called
Rooted Wellbeing. I have already spoken with the owner/starter of the business over the phone (a free chat that was offered to Bethany's blog readers). I am very excited about starting the cleanse and learning more about eating healthy. We decided that because of my current state of pregnancy/sickness and our upcoming vacation schedule that it would be best to postpone my cleanse until we get home which will be sometime in the middle of July. So stay tuned and you can read all about my 7 day cleanse. I am so stoked because Katie (owner of the business) is also offering DTWSLD (blog title) readers a 30% discount on the price of the cleanse. So now I have gotten a free phone chat with a health professional and a 30% discount on my cleanse program. I am so excited!

No comments: