Friday, April 8, 2011

Glimpse of our Garden

Our first glimpse of the veggies (and herbs) that are in our future. These 7 containers are a hydroponics project Kaylee and I started about 2 weeks ago. I decided to try this because you dont have to worry about watering too much or not enough, it is yet another a perfect idea for idiot gardeners like myself. Oh and completely free! I felt like a scavenger the day I scoped out my parents neighbors' recycle bins looking for 2 liter bottles.
our little baby zucchini plants, have I mentioned how excited I am to harvest our crops

and the tomatoes

more tomato plants

after i showed the girls the new sprouts Ainslee went, by herself without prompting, to sit right next to them while she drank her milk. it was as if she was watching them grow.

She even wanted to point some out for you to see
I dont think the girls know that we are actually going to grow food from these plants yet, let alone EAT it. But I am about to start a few serious lessons with Kaylee about plants, plant parts, fruits/veggies, and the works. So I hope that it will be a learning experience for all of us! Hopefully in another 60-70 days we will be eating some fresh, homegrown, organic tomatoes and zucs............cant wait!

No comments: