Monday, October 12, 2009

More Boston Pictures

By the time I am able to get all the pictures from our last trip to Boston, we will have the pictures from our next trip to post. I am so behind!

Kaylee outside the cholocate shop we stopped at. They make all their chocolate on site, as soon as she walked in she said "Momma, I smell CHOCOLATE! Can I eat some?" She hadnt even seen it yet, but she knew that was what she wanted to get there. It is at times like this that I know she is definitely MY daughter! Ha!

The summer I turned 16 I had the opportunity to "nanny" for a close family friend. The Hunt's had a tradition of driving countless hours through the night pulling their boat and a trailer all the way from Tennessee to Lake Placid, NY. I had so much fun the 4 summers I went with them. Many many memories that I will have with me for the rest of my life were made during those summers. The last summer I went was the summer Marcus and I started dating. I must have drove them crazy with the phone calls to him, the care packages he sent me and I sent him, and all the talk about how much I missed him. When we got home Mr. Hunt said "Michele, we love you like a daughter and are so thankful for all you do for us, but I think that is going to be the last year you come, I see how much you love that boy, and I cant be the reason why you are away from him for 3-4 weeks again." Mr. Hunt always had a way with words, and I knew what he meant. Looking back on it now, it is funny how he knew that Marcus was the one for me even before I knew it (actually before I was willing to admit it to myself). Since my summers at Lake Placid I was determined to one day take Marcus up there to see all the wonderful things I saw and experienced those summers. This year I finally got to do that. This trip wasnt exactly what I had in mind, but it was still great. The next 7 pictures were taken in the backyard of Uncle Harry's "camp" on a lake about 45 minutes away from Lake Placid. If you ever have the chance to visit the Adirondacks JUMP on it!



We had to take a ferry across Lake Champlain. Needless to say Kaylee LOVED it! She was so mad when it was time to get off.


While in Lake Placid we visited the sight of the 1932 and 1980 winter Olympics. We walked around the speed skating oval and above is a picture of 4 of the BEST Speed Skaters ever! And below is a picture of MY olympic speed skater doing his thing on the oval.

----------------------------

Ben & Jerry's



After our tour of the Ben and Jerry's factory in Vermont we got to sample some ice cream. I couldnt keep it away from Ainslee. First I just tried letting her lick a little bit off my lips. But that was NOT good enough for her. She ended up with her face smashed into it, and lapping up as much as she possibly could!

Outside the factory is a nice playground.


We went see the ducks again at the Boston Public Garden

Family picture in the Boston Public Garden, this was the end of a LONG day, we were lucky that we were even able to get all 4 of us in 1 picture without any tears. I think this one is so cute cause Kaylee has her Chandler smile, as usual, and Ainslee thinks that Kaylee is absolutely hilarious.

and we rode the carousel
and bundled up when it got chilly out

One day we went to a play ground in a friend's neighborhood


Crista threw a birthday party for Harry while we were there, so I couldnt leave out the pictures from that night.

No comments: