Monday, August 29, 2011

Meal Planning

I bought a deal on mamapedia a few months back for this GF meal planning site. I think i purchased a 6 month subscription for like $10, and it has been oh so worth it! Not only are the meals entirely GF but they delicious and diverse. We have been trying out new combinations finding some we like and some we dont care for too much. But the best part is, is the convenience! I go on the website each week and pick out meals from the ever changing rotation of meals. Once I select my meals the website automatically generates a shopping list for me (divided by section of the grocery store). Even thought the meals are GF I have not found them to be much more expensive than a regular meal. There are a few times where I have just made mine with GF noodles and served everyone else's over the poisonous variety, but mostly we are all eating the same thing (except I still dont eat meat). I have to say overall I am happy with the site, and I think my family is happy to have tasty meals served almost every night.
speaking of meal planning I have to get to the store tomorrow for the rest of this weeks menu items. I try each week to include at least one chicken dish, one non meat dish, one fish dish, and one red meat dish. Im not exactly sure if this weeks' chicken dish will make it to the table though.

Here is what is on the menu...

Summery Chicken Brown Rice Salad Fresh Bread and Dipping Oil
Corn Fritters with Broiled Tomatoes Snap Peas and Carrot Sautee
Fresh Corn and Scallop Sauté Apple-Spinach Salad
Grilled Salmon with Mango Kiwi Salsa Rice with Fresh Parsley
Tex-Mex Salsa Burgers Margarita Grilled Corn
Mexican Pizza Appetizers


I have also tried to get the girls involved more with the cooking and prep work. This is really tough considering if I allow them too much time in the kitchen we would have NOTHING left to eat for dinner. They sneak food any chance they get, like they are starving to death. Tonight I had Kaylee helping and i turned around for a second to stir something on the stove. When I turned back around she obviously had something in her mouth, when I asked her what it was, she couldnt resopond because we've told her not to talk with food in her mouth, so she opened it and showed me. It was a mouth FULL of raw onions and garlic! REALLY!?!

Our newest favorite in the kitchen is Orange Roughy. Everyone out there should try this kind of fish. Even if you dont really like fish, or think you dont like fish, you should give this one a try. It is FANTASTIC!

No comments: