Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Why I've Been Away

Ive been doing a lot of....





  • fighting back nausea



  • answering questions



  • taking naps



  • chasing 2 little girls



  • being disgusted by the thought/look/smell of food



  • visiting with old friends



  • taking middle of the night trips to the bathroom



  • getting ready for summer



  • visiting the doctor







  • and here's why










































    I am 10 weeks pregnant!

    I still have trouble believing it sometimes, but after 8 months of failure, I am finally PREGNANT!!!


    We will be getting a nice little Christmas surprise this year. I am due December 20th, and once again we are keeping the sex of the baby a surprise until the birth.





    Both of the big sisters are thrilled! Kaylee obviously has more of an understanding of what is going on, but is having trouble waiting. She asks multiple times a day "Is the baby coming out today?" "Is the baby growing?" "Is your belly getting bigger?" etc. Ainslee will tell you where the baby is when asked and even randomly kiss my belly, but she obviously has NO concept of time so the wait has been much easier for her thus far.




    And here is how we made the announcement to our families





    We found out the week before Easter that we were expecting, so after waiting on the initial blood work we decided to tell the family really really early. I decided to create this little note and put them in a plastic egg (along with a scratch card) and put them on every ones plate at dinner. I have to say some thought actually did go into the design of the announcement. I wanted it to be Easter themed, I wanted it to be sort of obvious what the purpose was, but I didn't want it to be too obvious. Get what I'm saying? So I made the "Happy Easter" in white smaller font, and then the date in the middle of the page in larger BOLD font. But after all the careful thought and planning, and revealing the egg, of all the family members, my sister was the only one to figure it out! It was definitely fun watching the looks on every ones faces as they finally figured it out. It was funny watching most of the people completely dismiss the "announcement" and go straight for the scratch card. It was even funnier that Marcus and I were the ONLY ones who won on any of the scratch cards. We will definitely be needing that money.....hahahaha!




    So stay tuned for all the pregnancy updates

    4 comments:

    Brenda said...

    Congratulations, Michele! That's so exciting! Hope you start feeling better soon:) Very cute announcement idea!

    Kelli said...

    So excited for you, girl! :)

    Rachel said...

    Congrats!!! So exciting! Just a month behind me :)

    Confessions said...

    yippee!! we can raise our *BOYS* together! :) heehee. wishful thinking.