Monday, May 30, 2011

Similarities/Differences

I have to start by saying that so far this time around things have been MUCH different around here! While i have experienced my fair share of nausea (some more intense than others, I was able to fight it back (withOUT meds*) until just the other day. Now I wont give you any details or anything! This came as a surprise to me as the sickness started MUCH earlier and obviously way more frequently than ONE time with my other 2 pregnancies. side note: i can still remember getting sick in the kitchen sink when I was pregnant with Ainslee, because I just couldnt make it to the bathroom in time. And Kaylee came running over to me and rubbed my back/butt (it was all she could reach) and hugged my leg while I got sick. Thankfully this time I have not needed my children to comfort me as I get sick.

The things that ARE the same:
-the food aversions, I cant eat meat! as well as other random things. I can barely even cut my children meat up for them
-smell sensitivity
-weird cravings (mostly for poisonous glutenous foods)
-SEVERE TIREDNESS, I have been napping almost every day!
-crankiness, wait, i am cranky even when I'm NOT pregnant
-serious sleep issues, waking up and not being able to go back to sleep for HOURS in the middle of the night!

I have not had trouble brushing my teeth yet, but im sure that will come soon. I sort of ruled out the vomit thing thinking I was going to be out of the woods pretty much the day it happened, so i decided I shouldnt rule anything out. Who knows, I could be sick my entire 3rd trimester (LORD please do NOT do that to me!)

I finally added a pregnancy widget to my sidebar so I can see how big the baby is getting and how many days I have left. I was really looking for a better widget but failed to find one that I liked so I stuck with Ole faithful. I really wanted one that gave sort of a daily or weekly update on the growth of the baby. Like "this week your baby's _____ is developing" etc. I was SHOCKED to see that I have only 204 days left! I said before I am totally trying to savor every last bit of this pregnancy because who knows this could be the last!

So far I have only lost 4 lbs from week 7 to week 9. I go in tomorrow for another appt/ultrasound. This will be the first time (this pregnancy) Marcus has been able to come with me and I decided to also bring the girls so they could "see" the baby on the screen too! Kaylee is SUPER excited and cant wait! Im not quite sure if she will be happy with the experience or disappointed because she wont actually get to hold the baby. I have tried to explain to her that she will get to watch him/her on a little TV, and I can see her brain trying to figure out what I am trying to explain. It is definitely going to be interesting!

Speaking of Kaylee, she knows this baby is a boy. She refers to him as a boy/him/he/brother every time she talks about the baby. i have to say that she has been pretty right with her baby predictions lately! I just hope she wont be disappointed if it happens to be another sister!

that's about all the news I have as far as this pregnancy goes


*my previous pregnancies I have had to take a concoction of 3 different drugs to make me stop vomiting. Docs were concerned when I lost 10 lbs in like 8 days.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

AAAGGHHHH!!! I am SO excited!!! I read the last post, because I read yours all of the time, BUT I could not post a comment, either! It kept making me sign in, and I would, and then I would have to resign in...until I would give up. So, thanks for the tip about how to post!
I am SO excited for you guys! I hate that you feel so sick. :( Maybe the 3 drug concoction will work, again?
I am so excited to see new pics of a little baby (boy?) on here in a little while!

Yay!!

hughesfamily said...

I posted under "Name/URL" and typed my name in. I guess that works, too.

hughesfamily said...

Oh my gosh! Sorry! It worked that time? What? So weird. No more comments from me, I promise.