Thursday, January 13, 2011

Kaylee's Christmas Program

Kaylee's MDO puts on a Christmas Program each year. My expectations this year (being her 1st year in the program) we LOW really really LOW. I didnt think Kaylee would sing, I didnt think she would even stand up there, and I thought she would be distracted by everything the entire time. Well, I was right about 1 of those. She was mighty distracted the entire time, but she participated, sang, and stood up there for the whole thing. It was such a wonderful thing to watch! I was so proud of her!

here she is as she walks in and takes her place on "stage". BTW I have no idea what happened to my fat little baby, she is growing up and stretching out, and is a skinny little thing now. Oh and listen for Ainslee's voice in the background frantically trying to get kaylee's attention "sissy, sissy, sissy."




Please ignore the child that is crying in the background, it was one of Kaylee's classmates that wanted to have NOTHING to do with singing in front of strangers. But instead of realizing and accepting this, the mom just kept trying to put her up there next to Kaylee. I was so mad that most of my videos were ruined because of her screaming and then her being stood next to Kaylee while she screamed her head off (I spared you those videos). I guess I should be more compassionate. But this little girl was OBVIOUSLY not going to participate no matter what bribes the mother tried, so why ruin everyone elses experience. (just call me a grinch, but I was upset by this)






After the program, during the reception, Santa came to visit. Ainslee wanted NOTHING to do with him, and sadly this was our only visit to Santa this year. So these grainy pictures are all we've got. Ainslee clung on to me as tight as she could as i approached Santa, I couldnt even pry her off me to put her on his lap

So i just stood in the picture too

Then my dad had to be a funny guy

1 comment:

*Princess Mommy* said...

cute!! She has gotten so, so big!
Totally agree with the screaming child part-if your child isn't going to participate why freak them out more by forcing them to, and why ruin everyone else's experience because you HAVE to make your little one stand up there?! It makes no sense to me. Yeah, that's gonna be a great home movie. "Look honey, there's you screaming for a whole hour! Isn't it great how you ruined the entire Christmas show?! Mommy is so proud!" Seriously, there is nothing wrong with kids not wanting to do it, but don't ruin their day and everyone else's by forcing them to stay in a scary situation.