Friday, June 11, 2010

Swim diaper secret

I am a huge fan of the reusable swim diapers. But the ones we own, don't necessarily keep everything in, if you know what I mean. So i will put them on her when we are just splashing around in the water in our backyard, but if we go to a public place i like to have her in a disposable one, until I am very confident she wont do pee pees. And this is a new concept for me since Kaylee was completely trained by this time, and I have had to learn the hard way that those darn things are EXPENSIVE!!! But alas I have found a little secret and wanted to share it with you.

Disposable swim diapers are WASHABLE!!!

YES I SAID WASHABLE!!!

I didn't believe it at first, but it is true! I have successfully washed one 3 times, then it started falling apart so I threw it out. Here is the trick: immediately after getting out of the pool either hand wash it or throw it in the washing machine, and then hang it to dry. It is that simple! That is unless your baby gave you the gift of poo, then throw it out immediately! Never dry the diaper in the dryer! Just hang and then reuse next time you go to the pool. There have also been times that Ainslee doesn't even pee in them, and for those occasions I just ring it out and hang it to dry, just as if it were a reusable one. This secret, along with some great coupons and sales, should get you through the summer without breaking the bank.

Happy swimming!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Just at tip in case you learn the hard way like we did. The swim diapers don't hold pee...they are just for poop and even then they suck at that big time! Imagine poop+water=nasty to change. Basically they give a false sense of security LOL.