Thursday, June 3, 2010

It's a Whole NEW World

Ainslee climbed onto the couch for the first time tonight! She has been attempting this feat for a couple of weeks now, and each time as I watch her throw her leg up and attempt to hoist her fat little self up, I think to myself...........NO, Im not ready for this! But now it is a game! Climb up, climb down, climb up and laugh, climb down, try and climb up but fall down, laugh, climb up, kiss momma and climb down, you get the picture. I think I figured out what finally made her able to climb up. It was a cross between she was just plain ready and I was sitting on the couch and refused to pick her up. And like I have told you before she is a humongous mommas girl, so getting to sit in my lap was incentive enough for her.

On top of that, Kaylee has now learned to UNbuckle herself from her car seat, and once again..........I'm not ready for this! What is worse is we cant figure out how to turn the darn child locks on for her door.

On top of that, Ainslee has been staying dry all day............I AM SO ready for this! When we get the rare day to stay at home, she doesnt wear a diaper anymore. She goes to the bathroom when she has to pee, or I ask her and she tells me if she needs to go. It is quite nice actually. One day a few days ago I asked Ainslee (as I was cooking) if she needed to go potty. She immediately swatted down and peed on the kitchen floor. I guess next time I shouldnt ask, I should just take her. Kaylee was mortified at the fact that Ainslee peed on the floor. She said, "NO MAM! NO MAM Ainslee, we dont do pee pees on the floor, NO MAM! We do our pee pees in the potty!" Guess that is how I sound! Anyways I was quick to assure Kaylee that it was an accident and she had plenty of accidents in her early days or PT.

------------------------------------------

here is Ainslee just being the crazy monkey she is........I swear that little girl understands EVERYTHING!

Here is Ainslee climbing up on the couch. Mind you, she had been doing this 100 times before I attempted the video, but as soon as I broke out the camera she stopped. I tried bribing her with a cheeto puff, but she just cried when I wouldnt lift her on the couch to retrieve it. So I sat on the couch and she immediately climbed right on up, she gave the cheeto puff a little look, climbed on my lap, gave me a kiss, and then grunted for me to give her the darn cheeto puff. The little stinker!

And here is Ainslee riding her favorite toy, the plasma car. She will zoom around the house going up and down the elevation change from the wood to the tile with ease. She steers and laughs, it is so funny to watch. I wasnt able to the best video of her riding.

No comments: