Wednesday, March 31, 2010

I have been telling myself for days, ok maybe weeks, now to get the Easter stuff out of the attic and I finally did the other day. Better late than never I guess. In the Easter box, which is actually the "spring" box, was the Valentines and St Paddy's stuff that I obviously never put out! Oops!

I dug the spring box out from the tiny crawl space/attic, it was the LAST box in line. I decided that I should let Kaylee "practice" finding eggs. I mean her Easter egg hunt at school was THE NEXT DAY! Once again, better late than never. I kicked her out of the play room and hid all eggs that were in the box. When I was finished I invited her back in to find them. She went for the talking egg first, obviously it was the easiest to find cause it wouldn't shut up. "I'm hiding" "come find me!" "i'm over here!" it would repeat over and over. Even after she put it in her basket it kept talking. Finally she looked at it and said "you're not hiding, I found you all-re-ready". That little egg was a gift from a friend of mine last Easter, Kaylee was a bit too young for it then, but this year it is already a hit. She slowly but surely found the next couple of eggs, then got distracted and frustrated so she wanted me to TELL her where to find the rest. I helped her by giving her directions and telling her which way to look and turn, we really need to work on some independence here.

After she found all the eggs she immediately wanted to play again, I thought to myself "you barely played that round, now you want to have another go at it?" Lunchtime was approaching so I told her we would bring the baskets and eggs downstairs and we could play while I got lunch ready. She was going to hide the eggs for me first. When she was ready she instructed me to find them. And after very little looking, I found them all piled in one place slightly out of sight. "man, that was easy!" We are going to be doing a few more trial runs, oh and maybe even some outside since the weather is so nice!

Kaylee and I were eating lunch, nachos with chicken, black beans, and cheese. I love me some pepper jack on my nachos, and Kaylee used to like it too. But lately she has not been too keen on spicy cheese, but she sure does like when Marcus gives her his Tabasco sauce. Explain that one to me? She got a nacho with too much spicy cheese and went for the water. In between the drinks and chews she said "I don't like picy cheese anymore". I said "yes you do, you are Mexican you like spicy food". She asked "I AM Mexican?" I said "Yes, you are Mexican!" Then she asked, very inquisitively, "Are you Mexican? Is Ainslee Mexican? Is Tahoe Mexican?" It was so cute!

She told me the other day when she was sitting on the potty, "Mommy I am getting bigger!" I nearly cried.

She has spent the last 2 nights away from home. First with my mom on Monday night, and then Tuesday when we went to pick Ainslee up from Ceire, she basically told Ceire that she was going to spend the night......so she did! It was an awesome little break from the bedtime/ middle of the night CRAP that we have been going through.

2 comments:

Confessions said...

"I AM MEXICAN?!?!" oh my gosh. i cannot quit laughing.

inkBLOTdesignsSTUDIO said...

she always asks if im mexican and irish?