Monday, December 15, 2008

Updates

Upstairs is coming along, much slower than I had hoped for but the work IS getting done. Today marks the end of the drywall hanging phase. They are coming back in the morning to tape and then mud hopefully on Wednesday. I am hoping that the drywall is completely finished by Thursday and we can have the painter start doing his thing at the end of the week. The HVAC guy came back today to turn on the heat so that the tape will stick and the mud will dry (higher energy bill is on the way). We hope to also have the 2 windows replaced upstairs (ones that leaked), and have the attic doors ordered this week. I am stressing about this work getting done in a timely manner cause today is the 2 week mark for Marcus' departure. As everyone knows we are losing most work days next week due to the holiday.
Please worker men, I am begging you, Please come and do your jobs fast and efficiently!

Update on our sicknesses......Kaylee and I see finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. Our little head cold infection thingys are just about behind us. We can breathe and sleep much easier now.

Gluten free update.......I recently posted about my gluten free troubles. Well today was a break through day in that regard. I was pleasantly surprised when I approached the gluten free section of Kroger to find that the tag for my biscuits was back on the shelf. But then I was disappointed to find that once again they were out of stock. At least now I know they still carry the product. As I rounded the corner to continue my shopping I noticed the nice man, he told me to call him Terry, who was restocking the shelves in that section. I thought I would ask Terry about my beloved biscuit mix. He said he had 5 boxes he was getting ready to put out on the shelf. He said that we (myself and other gluten free buyers) buy this stuff so fast he can't keep it on the shelf. He said he orders it every week. I tried to tell him to order more every week cause this stuff is GOOD. So I got 3 boxes of biscuit mix, just in time for the holidays, and they were even on SALE! I am a happy camper!
This experience did spark my interest in other gluten free buyers. I wonder who else in Collierville has Celiac, it would be really awesome if we could get together and talk sometime, but how would I find them? Should I stalk the gluten free aisle and ask everyone that approaches if they are eating gluten free by choice or because they have Celiac? I don't think that would go over too well, anyone have any better ideas?
After my exciting purchase I headed home to find a package waiting for me. I eagerly open it and found that Marcus' Aunt Concha, had sent Kaylee and I some more gluten free goodies!! Although I have never met Concha we have been in contact via email for about the past 2 years. I guess she read my post about gluten free food and felt sorry for us. She sent us fresh baked bread, fresh pizza crusts (ready to top with my favorite toppings), 2 packs of cookies, and a chocolate cake mix. I about died when I saw all my yummy goodies. I can't wait to try them all! She also included a baby doll for Kaylee, this is her first ever doll and I am sure that she will take great care of her. THANKS TIA CONCHA FOR BEING SO KIND, GENEROUS AND THOUGTFUL!

Update on pictures.......I finally got our snorkeling pictures loaded and I created a slide show at the top of the blog (in case you missed it). Hopefully I can get a few more loaded soon to show you. And also I have some more pictures of upstairs to share with you, they should be coming soon.

No comments: