Sunday, December 7, 2008

Our Trip

Sorry it has been so long since I have posted about our trip. I tried a few times to post something while we were in Hawaii, but something always seemed to get in the way. Since we have been home more and more things just keep coming up.

I would like to start by saying that we had a fantastic time! We actually found 2 houses that we are considering and have made an "informal" sort of offer on one of them. Marcus and I are still torn between the 2 houses. After weighing the pros and cons of both houses we each have a very difficult time deciding which one we like better. One of them is in Kahului and the other in Wailuku, just up the mountain a few minutes. I will post a few pictures in a later post. I am writing this post from my moms computer and i don't have the pictures loaded on this computer. ***it's a long story why i am posting from her computer and not our own, I will talk more about that later

Besides spending 2 full days looking at probably 30+ houses we managed to fit in a little fun in the trip too. We walked to the beach one day and swam for a short time. We went snorkeling another day, MAN that was such a fun trip. I will have to admit i was really hesitant at first but am glad that they talked me into going. It was so much fun! We also enjoyed a few nice dinners out and drove to the west side of the island to Lahaina. Our trip ended with a nice dinner at our realtor's house, before we dropped off Kyle and Kristy at the airport. We became really good friends with our realtor, she was a perfect fit for us. She will be like our "family" while we are away from home. The flight home wasn't as enjoyable as it could have been, you know it is really hard for a pregnant chic to get comfortable on such long flights. Oh well I survived and we got the best greeting ever from Kaylee who was waiting ever so patiently to see her "mama" and "dada." The happy reunion didn't last long though.

***while we were away we were hoping that something/ anything would get done in our house. I was especially hoping that Kaylee's ceiling would be fixed, but we were shocked to find out that NOTHING was done the entire time we were away. So Thursday night, our first night home, we couldn't even all go home together. I decided to stay at moms with Kaylee and sent Marcus home to start doing some work upstairs with my dad. I began not feeling well late in the afternoon, so mom talked me in to going home to sleep so I could get a good nights rest. Once again I left Kaylee at moms, I felt horrible about it but really didn't have too much of a choice. The workers were supposed to come fix her room on Friday (which didn't happen), so she spent the night with Ceire and Rita Friday night. Then it was supposed to get fixed Saturday, and once again the workers no-showed so she spent ANOTHER night away from home with my sister. Finally the worker showed up today but the room was not finished until after Kaylee had already gone to sleep for the night, so I am stuck spending the night here with her. I think Kaylee and I have some sort of head cold, so we are both having trouble breathing and especially sleeping. I am so thankful that tomorrow night we will all be back home in our own beds!

No comments: