Monday, February 14, 2011

Heart Day

I'm not really a Valentine's Day type of girl! I could completely care less about spending money on flowers that will die in a couple of days (although the VERY occasional flower or 2 is quite nice). I eat enough chocolate as it is so I don't need more on Valentine's Day. And frankly I love the people I love EVERY day (and tell them) so why is Valentine's Day any different? Call me a scrooge, or whatever it is for not agreeing with "manufactured holiday" that card companies make millions over. Did I ever mention I don't like cards either? Man I'm a double scrooge today. I think homemade cards are perfect. Why go out and spend 3-5 bucks on a piece of paper that gets tossed in the trash? that is more money that could be spent on the gift! Anyways that's not really the point of this post......technically this post doesn't have a point, but that's not where I wanted it to end up.

Our heart day started like any other Monday, but quickly changed into a WILD and CRAZY day! I was on the phone most of the morning with the insurance company (more on this in a later post), the adjuster, Dr's offices, car dealerships (to schedule oil change for my car), and repair companies (to fix the oven). The girls were getting crazy from the lack of attention from me so I had to wake Marcus up early to help me out. Usually on Monday mornings he sleeps in because he has to work that night, but today we had to pick up his mom and sister so he was going to have to wake up early anyways, I just moved that time up a bit. To make it up to him I made him breakfast in bed. Then I got everyone ready to go, and I headed out the door ALONE in the Jetta to run some errands. it is nice to get to drive in a car all by myself sometimes! Marcus loaded the girls in my car and headed to Cville, I met him and switched to my parents car. We then drove to the dealership to drop my car. After that we headed to pick up Marcus' mom. Then we had lunch at Booya's, the girls' most favoritest restaurant of all time. I took the girls to my parents to nap while Marcus headed home in the Jetta to take a nap himself. A friend of my moms came over to ride with me to pick up my car this evening when it was ready, I completely lost track of time, and we made it there only 9 minutes before they closed. We then came BACK to my moms house to spend the night, because I was supposed to pick Marcus' mom back up tomorrow morning (but that got cancelled), and we were already late for dinner, so I figured we would crash at my parents' empty house. So here I sit, the girls are asleep, I am waiting for Marcus to bring the list of things I need for tonight and tomorrow, so I thought I would blog. I wanted to hit the sack early, but obviously that didn't happen.

That was how my V-Day went.......hope yours was just as exciting!


you like the red font? all 3 of us girls wore red shirts today, so I thought I'd stick with the theme

No comments: