Thursday, August 28, 2008

mom, Mom, MOMMY!!!

Today Kaylee figured something out that every mom dreds! I am not trying to sound mean, but when a child figures out when he/she says "Mom" and "mom" answers sometimes "Mom" wishes the child would suddenly forget her name. I, thankfully am not to that point yet. Today it was kind of funny, but i am sure as the days go on the funniness will fade.
Kaylee thought it was absolutely hilarious that everytime she called my name i would respond, sometimes with a "Yes, Kaylee" or sometimes with a simple glance her way. She would call my name, wait for the response, let out a little giggle, and then continue whatever she was doing. It was like she had control over me, in her own little way. Then when marcus woke up she tried her little trick on him, but obviously it didnt work because she was saying "Mom" to him too. She knows his name is daddy, but she hasnt figured out yet that he will respond to "daddy," much like i respond to "mom" (that is when he is not entranced by his blackberry). So for now the "mom, Mom, MOM" phase is fun and exciting, but check back with me in a few weeks to see if my ideas have changed. I can hear it now, each time she says 'mom' her words become louder and sound more emphatic as she demands my attention.........Oh the joys of motherhood!

No comments: