Friday, March 23, 2012

Happy Friday

Today has been a great day over here! We had another day of kindness and cooperation, and this momma was one HAPPY camper today! I didn't have any "school" planned today, but the girls have been begging for more school days, ever since I lightened the load down to 3 days a week. So I scrambled to put something together for us to do. I really need to get a folder prepared for these circumstances, sorta like a substitute folder. Anyways this is what I came up with for today.....
I had this particular activity planned out now for about a year. My mom and I made this last year when I was planning on reading to Kaylee's class, and then the teacher never had time for it, so i tucked it away until today.

I read them this book......and I have to say both girls were completely enthralled by it

Then i passed out the pieces that correspond with the book and I reread the book to them even the 2nd reading kept their attention. Whenever I said a piece that they were holding they had to come and place it on the white board in the correct spot.

After this activity I gave them a paper with all the pictures on it and asked them to remember what color each thing was and to color it the appropriate color. Here is Ainslee's color page. It is amazing how they remember everything you say.


Here is Kaylee coloring her page, she takes such pride in her work, and it makes me happy!



When i was getting the pictures off my camera for this post I found a few surprises.......

 Kaylee must have gotten a hold of my camera and taken a
few shots of her favorite person.........37 pictures
to be exact!
and they all look something like this

 
Here is a picture of the bird house my dad gave me that he made with the children at Madonna Learning Center (a local school for children with disabilities). My dad volunteers there once a week and does wood working with the children. His "project" was this bird house. He made it with one side plexiglass so that the birds build their nest and you can look in to observe without disturbing them. I was so excited when we got this and had GRAND plans of doing lessons on birds, but we haven't gotten around to that part. I knew it was getting late in the year, so I had to go ahead and put the house outside so birds could start doing their thing. Today was the first day we've seen any action. Two birds, I like to think are husband and wife, were checking out the place deciding whether or not to move in. We got so excited! Cant wait to see how they decorate the place!


While the girls were napping I started looking around online for some Easter activities. I found this one and thought we'd give it a whirl after nap. I grabbed the necessary supplies and got things prepped.


Kaylee poking her whiskers through


gluing her ears together


the final project......I had plans of getting a shot of each girl with her creation, but then daddy woke up and the chaos that followed did not allow for that.
***this picture shows the flowers on the hands grass unfinished. We made the petals for the flowers with glitter, which is always a hit around here.***

I have a few more activities rolling around my head, one of which I am extremely excited about......I'll keep you posted, if I'm able to get pictures before I eat them all up!


After showing off all we did today to daddy we enjoyed a family game of Disney Bingo. Then Brynlee requested her meal while ours was still in the making, so I had to pass cooking duties off to daddy, and I have to say he fared quite nicely in the kitchen. It was nice sitting back, nursing Brynlee, while Marcus handled the big girls and finished dinner.

Lately I have been busy planning my visit to the Homeschool Convention that is coming next month. I will be going by myself this year (well Brynlee will come at least one day), but next year I am already excited about making it a family event!  And now as I type I am thoroughly enjoying my first glass of wine in like 3 weeks! I am finally well enough to want a drink, and MAN is it tasty, even though it is only 3 buck Chuck! Don't get me wrong, all days around here do NOT go this way! But occasionally some do and I am very thankful for them!

HAPPY FRIDAY Y'ALL!!!!!

No comments: